Terphion Wyverns

My army is slowly heading towards completion. Now it's big guns' time:


The original Wyvern kit looked strange from day one. Making a new tank just by taking the barrels off the old Hydra? Not cool. However, since the bygone days of Final Liberation I have a fancy towards imperial Thudd Guns and after a while I saw an opportunity for a conversion here. After being put together, stormshard mortars look similar to the quad launcher which seems much nicer to me. The tank also doesn't resemble the Hydra that much anymore, which is also a good thing.



To give the army a sense of integrity, I've also added a couple of infantrymen on the sides in addition to swapping the crewman on the back platform. All of the guys have the standard equipment of my Terphion infantry, tying the army together. I've also added some stowage, which seems to be doing its job of making the models look more realistic:





A quick field test showed the guns to be as powerful as expected. I still need some anti-air though, so the work on these babies is to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment